My Choice (10)

 For this blog post, I wanted to talk about TikTok being banned all over the United States. Many people in the government, including the president Joe Biden, are against the use of TikTok around the United States. This is due to TikTok's Chinese parent company, ByteDance, being required by Chinese law to make the app's data available to the Chinese Communist Party. This also means that everyone that uses TikTok is at a risk to being spied upon by the CCP. I remember during Trump's presidency that he tried to ban TikTok in the United States but it did not work out due to some of the courts denying or rejecting his decision. However with Biden, it seems that the lawmakers in charge of carrying out the bipartisan bill will have an effect to the banning of TikTok, and that atleast something will come out of it compared to during Trump's presidency. I also remember that many people that were really into TikTok back in 2019-2020 were crying over the potential ban of TikTok, which would help stop the spying, but also force people to do something else other than use the app. Personally, I do not really care if the app is banned from the United States because it is not that connected to me and I rarely use it. It would also be very distracting for me whenever I would try and do something productive until I start scrolling. A lot of lost time would be due to the fact that I used to endlessly watch content on it without noticing the time. Those who have made a living off of TikTok however may have to find a different type of platform or job in order to keep their followers updated and happy, as only having a presence in tiktok can be dangerous for their reputation and their income. Overall, I would say the banning of tiktok would be horrible for content creators, but great for everyone else. Besides, there are also alternatives to TikTok now that YouTube and Instagram have also implemented their own version of the short videos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Things I Would Not Buy Online (Post 7)

Virtual Scavenger Hunt (8)

AI (Post 6)